Scope and Application
Information we Collect
The following information (“Personal Information”) is collected by or on behalf of Designated Driver:
Information you provide us
This may include:
- User profile: We collect information when you create or update your Designated Driver account. This may include your name, email, phone number, profile picture, home address, payment information. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Designated Driver account.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you such as age, gender, username, device usage information. We may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Designated Driver customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Designated Driver.
Information created when you use our services
This may include:
- Location Information: Depending on your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a User and have provided permission for the processing of location data, Designated Driver collects location information when the Designated Driver app is running in the foreground. Designated Driver also collects this information when the Designated Driver app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Users may use the Designated Driver app without enabling Designated Driver to collect their location information. However, this will affect the functionality available on your Designated Driver app. For example, if you do not enable Designated Driver to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Designated Driver to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including your order details, pickup and drop off location, date and time the service was booked and provided, amount payable, distance traveled, if you cancelled a booking, no-show, your waiting time, driver’s waiting time. Additionally, if someone uses your discount voucher, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Communications data: We enable Users to communicate with driver through the Designated Driver app. For example, we enable drivers and Users to call each other. To provide this service, Designated Driver receives some information regarding the calls, including the date and time of the call. Designated Driver may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
Information from other sources
These may include:
- User feedback, such as as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Designated Driver business partners through which you create or access your Designated Driver account, such as payment providers or social media services.
- If you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
- Designated Driver may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
Designated Driver uses the information it collects in order to:
Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Limousine Operators, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages.
Perform internal administration and operations, including to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Send communications between User and Limousine Operators, such as estimated times of arrival, pickup and drop off location, agreed prices, User’s statistics (no-show% and average delay), User’s name, and User’s telephone number.
Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Designated Driver and other companies.
Notify you about changes to our Services.
Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services.
Keep our Services safe and secure.
Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Designated Driver may share the information we collect:
With Limousine Operators to enable them to provide the Services you request. You can however choose to not have your name shared with the driver and the Limousine Operator by using a setting in the app. In addition the Limousine Operators have access to reports on the trips their drivers have done including your feedback and trip rating, if any. These reports do not include name and mobile number of Users.
With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us.
With third party apps or websites with an API or Service with which we integrate.
With payment processors and facilitators, cloud storage providers, ad networks, ad technology providers, marketing and advertising partners and marketing platform providers, and data analytics providers.
With consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
With hotel and restaurant partners.
In response to a request by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to enforce or apply our Terms of Service, to investigate potential breaches or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Designated Driver or others.
With third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With third parties in an aggregated or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Data retention and transfer of data
To preserve the integrity of our databases, to carry out ongoing Services on your behalf, for research, analytics and statistical purposes and to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, we retain Personal Information for as long as we deem necessary.
Your rights and options
The mobile app can only access certain types of device data without your specific consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. The app will ask for these 4 types of consent:
- “Allow Designated Driver to access photos, media and files on your device?”. This consent is only required if you want to upload a profile picture to the app from the photo gallery on your phone.
- “Allow Designated Driver to take pictures and record video?”. This consent is only required if you want to take a profile picture to use as your profile picture in the app.
- “Allow Designated Driver to access this device’s location?”. It is strongly recommended that you grant this permission as it will allow the app to automatically set your pickup location as your current location.
- “Allow Designated Driver to make and manage phone calls?”. It is strongly recommended that you grant this permission as it will allow you to call the driver if needed.
In the profile page in the app you can decide whether you want to hide your name from drivers and limousine companies.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications, such as marketing emails from us by following the instructions in such communications.
Cambrian Hub Technologies FZE, TechnoHub 1, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai, UAE